I listened to Teen and sleep. It stated in there that over half of teens do not get enough sleep. I am totally one of those teens. My life is hard enough to find time to be with family and friends and still find time for sleep. I am always yawning and seeing other people yawn in school or where ever i go. Everything that I heard was what has been said for a long time.
I learned that there are 4 stages to sleep. The first stage is when you experience fantastic images. Then stage 2 happens. This stage lasts for about 20 minutes. You can still be awakened in this sleep without too much difficulty. The next stage, stage3, is a transitional stage. Then you are in stage 4. This stage lasts for 30 minutes. It is in this stage that you begin to walk in your sleep or talk in your sleep.
Something that was kind of surprising to me was that we do have selective attention. Your brain cannot focus on 2 things at once. You cannot listen to 2 people talk and be able to say what each one was trying to tell you. You focus in on one subject and keep your attention there. When you drive a car at first you need your undivided attention, after a while you are able to do more things when you drive because your brain has become used to multitasking with this particular object.
I read the article "What? Me Bias?" and it was about people that are subconsciously bias toward President Obama, even if they voted for him. I completly argee with this. People are bias no matter what. Some of it is how we were raised while others is just normal for us and it is natural. We are bias no matter what the subject is. We all have our favorites and our least favorites. Sometime we don't know why we don't liek something all we know is that we don't like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
I agree wih what you said about multitasking while driving. I find myself talking with people in the car and the next thing I notice is im at my destination and I can't recall driving there. when people start to conversate, they often picture what they are talking about.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with one of the first comments you made about sleeping. I feel obligated to put my life (whether it be school, friends, family, work, or whatever else) first, and then sleep. I also feel that we humans are very biased, and that it just comes naturally, and that we can't always help it.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the fact that our brain's cannot focus on two different things at once. You may be able to listen to them both but after they are done talking, did you really comprehend what they were both saying. It is a very interesting though. It is hard to sleep especially when we have to do homework and make money working and everything else.
ReplyDeleteI think my stage 4 last for like a couple hours. When I fall asleep it is pretty hard to wake me up. Also I have been told that I can carry on conversations with people while I'm sleeping. My brother and his friend once talked to me for over a half hour while I was completely asleep.
ReplyDelete