One thing that i learned in chapter 9 was the overconfidence. People tend to be overconfident over stuff that they have never done before. Students are a prime example. They tend to be very confident on how they are going to get their assignments done and that they will get them done on time and that it will only take a short amount of time. I do this a lot. I push off my homework thinking that it will only take me a couple of minutes to do it. In reality it takes me about 3o minutes to get it all done. People that are overconfident are also often more happy in life. They tend to be able to make harder decisions easier.
Emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive, understand, manage, and use emotions. I think that I am emotionally inteligent. I am very sensitive to how other people are feeling and what they are thinking. It bugs me when someone is upset and they dont want to talk about it. Sometimes i need to learn that i can't know everything and that soemtimes i wont know what to say. The fact that i am very sensitive does sometime smake relationships harder. When i don't know what the other person is thinking then i feel frustrated. Some people are hard to read and you cant tell what they are thinking so then i don't know if they are mad or not. I tend to talk either a lot then or not at all. I think that it is important to be emotionally intelligent. Some people do not like to talk about what they are feeling. Sometimes you can just tell what is going on and ask that person about it. sometimes all someone needs is someone to talk to.
I thought that the part on creativity was very intresting. I never knew that there was 5 components of creativity. I just thought that creativity was somethign that you either had or not and that it was something like drwing a picture or painting something. I used to think that i had no creativity whatsoever. I could not draw and i could not think of ideas in school when we had to create a picture or something like that. I lerned that creativity is measured in Expertise - a well developed base of knowledge, furnished ideas, images, and phrases we use as mental building blosks. I don't think i have any of this. Then there is Imaginituce thinking skills that provide the ability to see things in novel ways to recognize patterns. I might have som of this. Then there is a venturesome personallity this seeks new experiences, tolerates ambiguity adn risk and perserves in overcoming obstacles, i might have some of this. Intristic motivation is being driven more by intrest, satdifaction, and challenge than by external pressures, i have none of this. Then there is a crative environment thsi sparksm supports, sand refines creative ideas. I so have this, i just dont like to use it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
courtneyy! i also found the overconfidence to be very interesting. I think its amazing that even some of the people with the lowest self esteem still manage to be overconfident! I push of my homework on a day to day basis as well...and it normally takes me longer than waht i think. But I also tend to be "underconfident". I Often think a task will take me a lot longer than it actually does! I wonder how often people are underconfident verses overconfident.
ReplyDelete